Wednesday, April 6, 2011

My Baby Boy Turned 2 Sunday

Well we have had one crazy week since I blogged last Thursday with the Thirsties review. My Dad has been in town for the Bman's BIG NUMBER 2 Birthday!!

Friday I spent all day prepping for the party. My Dad and I went grocery shopping then came home and made Brody's Disney's Cars cake. That cake took me FOUR hours to complete from bake time to decorating! It didn't exactly turn out like the picture but for only my second time decorating a cake I thought it turned out pretty darn cute!
 I cannot write worth beans!!
 Please excuse the Kitchen Mess!


Saturday was the BIG party day. We had a bouncy house, LOTS of food (Carne Asada and Hot dogs), cake, lawn games, AND a pinata! It was only about 48 degrees on Saturday but that did not faze the kids one bit. (Um!! I haven't uploaded THESE pictures yet) I will. It's almost a whole new blog post for this one!

Then came SUNDAY! My sweet baby boy turned two! Wow, how time flies. I feel like my baby boy was just born yesterday and now here he is talking, socializing with friends, just being Mr. Independent because I'm two!
 (okay he had a party hangover from Saturday, he was Mr. Groucho ALL DAY LONG)
We went to Gettysburg on Sunday. The museum was packed so we decided to do the self guided Auto Tour of the historical sites in Gettysburg. There was so much history we saw this day. DS wasn't too enthused about driving slow in the car for about two hours but the adults enjoyed it!
At a National Cementary

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to your little man!

Hello I'm Lala! said...

Happy 2nd Birthday to your little one!! (My son turns 2 on the 17th). He just got into the movie CARS about 2 weeks ago, if not I would have done the same theme.
Cute cake!!

Always Kara said...

Thank you ladies!! I still can't believe it!