Thursday, February 24, 2011

In The Kitchen Thursday...Easy Shortcake Recipe

This is an older recipe from, once again, our family cookbook! I made it for the first time a couple weeks ago and I fell in love. Please enjoy this Easy Peasy Recipe and share with all!

Shortcake:

Pre-heat oven to 350F

2 Cups Flour
4 Teaspoons Baking Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1/3 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Shortening
3/4 Cup Milk
1 Beaten Egg
1 Teaspoon Vanilla

Directions: Mix all together (I used a wooden spoon) and put in a greased loaf pan, 9 x 13 inch. Bake at 350F for 25 to 30 minutes.

All done! Enjoy with your favorite fruit and ice cream or whipped topping! xoxo

4 comments:

Menopausal New Mom said...

This look so delicious!! Thanks for finding me today, I'm here to follow you back :)

Happy Thursday!

House of I.B. Martin said...

Can you come fly over here and make that for me?

http://my-inspired-nest.blogspot.com/

Tammy said...

This sounds scrumptous! Thanks for linking up with us today for the Thurdsay's Friends Cafe...

I am your newest follower! :)

Eat To Live said...

Oh My Gosh..... You are making me so hungry. I want to come to your house.... you make good stuff.

I am following your blog now.