Thursday, January 13, 2011

Dinner...In the Kitchen!

I wanted to share with you for THURSDAY'S In the Kitchen day an ever so yummy recipe. It's very easy to make. My mom used to make this all the time in middle school and high school! Most of the ingredients you probably already have in your home.

Macaroni and Cheese Goulash  (pronounced Goo - Losh) SO EASY!!!!
Ingredients needed:
I box Macaroni and Cheese (I'm am a firm believer on Kraft)
1/4 Cup Milk (For Mac and Cheese)
1/4 Cup Butter (For Mac and Cheese)
1lb Ground Beef
1/2 Can of Corn (7oz)
1/2 Can Tomato Paste
1/2 Can Tomato Sauce
Sprinkle of Salt and Pepper for taste
1 Tablespoon chopped Yellow Onion (Optional)

PREHEAT OVEN TO 350

My little helper enjoys being in the kitchen with me!!

Make your Mac & Cheese like normal (I'm not going to give instructions to that as it should be on the box!)








Brown your 1lb hamburger. I LOVE my cast iron pans that my Dad bought for me. I believe they are the Lodge brand. Cast iron skillets are a must have for any working kitchen! NOTE: I added the salt and pepper to my meat and that's it.






Drain the hamburg oil, pour the hamburger and all remaining ingredients (canned corn, tomato paste and tomato sauce AND Option Onion) together in the same pan as the Mac & Cheese. Mix well

Put into a baking dish and add a good amount of Parmesean Cheese to the top. I love my Corningware. I got my set at a garage sale for about $1.00!

Put it in the oven and bake for 35 minutes. It comes out nice and hot! Enjoy!

1 comment:

Always Kara said...

I should mention that this YIELDS approximately FOUR to FIVE people.