Sunday, January 30, 2011

The weekend...fast and furious

So far we've had a wonderful weekend. 

Friday night we celebrated birthday's at Benihana's with our Marine friends and family. I have never been to a Benihana's before. We took our DS. Although it's a long wait until our main entree is served he was entertained by our friends and the other chef's at other tables. Okay, you may laugh at what I ordered! For an appetizer I had:
California Rolls! Yummy (I ate them all)

Then for the entree I ordered the Benihana special. A trio: steak, chicken, and large shrimp over vegetables. I ordered the most, beating out all the Marines! For one DS and I were sharing and the other I wanted to try a little of everything. PLUS it made for amazing leftovers for Saturdays lunch!

Oh! I can't forget about my Appletini. Wow, it was scrumptious. 

Saturday: Nothing special, just that I bought a BRAND new sewing machine. Yay for me. I spent all evening after dinner in my sewing/guest bedroom practicing and learning my new machine. It's so easy to use, simple, within my budget, and nothing extravagant. It gets the job done. I will definitely be posting what I make on here for all my fabulous readers to see. I haven't used a sewing machine routinely for about six years.

Sunday: Woke up and decide to use my two year old crock pot that has been sitting around. Never had I used it before. I am making a beef roast for dinner tonight. I hope it turns out well. I have not made a roast before but it smells so good and it's only been cooking for an hour. 

Tonight, I have my first college TEST! Ahhh. It's for my Business Law class. Wish me luck!

In the meantime: For all my mommas, my DS is 22 months old. He seems to be so emotional lately. This morning he woke up happy and then 10 minutes later is was upset. It seems like a roller coaster with him. First he's angry then all of a sudden he's bouncing off the walls all giddy! Is this normal for the age?

7 comments:

Shelly said...

Good luck on your exam! I can't wait to see what you sew. I always wish I were better at sewing. I break the needle all the time and get so frustrated. It doesn't help that I can't even sew a straight line.

As far as your 22 month old and his mood swings, I think it's completely normal. Maybe he's frustrated with some developmental milestone? I don't know though. I have a 3 year old and an almost 16 month old and they both have such mood swings. It's as if they are bipolar sometimes with really great moods followed shortly by really mad/sad periods. At least it makes the days interesting, huh?

Sarah @ Charting New Territory said...

Good Luck on your Exam. I took business law as a requirement for my first degree. I loathed every moment of it. That's a tough class.

Shannon said...

I tried California Rolls for the first time last month, and I actually loved them! Good luck with your exam. What are you getting your degree in?

Kelly Marie said...

I want some cali rolls right now! :)

sounds like a good cpuple days!

Heather M said...

Yay for a great weekend! Ive always wanted to learn how to use a sewing machine! My little guy has been having some mood swings as well, awwwwww its frustrating! Good luck on your exam!

ladaisi said...

I love your blog background!

I am also now craving california rolls. My favorites.

Now following you!

Ladaisi Blog

Alison @ Welcome Sunshine Home said...

Hi! Have fun with your new sewing machine! I took a years off from sewing and am finally starting to get the hang of it again. Do you have something in mind for your first project?

Hope your exam went well!

Alison
http://welcomesunshinehome.blogspot.com/

P.S. Thanks for visiting me. I'm a new follower.