Friday, January 21, 2011

Proud Mommy!

Today I had an amazing day with my DS. He is growing up way too fast. I can't believe he will be two in just a few short months. I want him to stay little forever. The first half of the day we just cuddled on the couch and watched back to back episodes of Franklin..."Hey, it's Franklin." I thought my days of cartoons were over, than I had him and that all changed. (Our favorite channel for cartoons is NickJr).

Then he took a nap, had lunch with daddy at home, which is an everyday thing, colored, colored some more (his favorite thing to do is color), played Wii (so he thought, I took the batteries out as he will press random buttons and turn it of), then cleaned house!

DS loves to help mommy clean house. He attacks the vacuum kind of like what dogs do but without the barking! I bought him his own mini broom and he insists on using it when I or hubby sweeps. He thinks wet wipes are for anything and everything, including EATING, I had to stop that one from the get go today! He helped me clean by rubbing his blueberry oatmeal cereal bar into the hardwood floor and spread the crumbs everywhere. So I (we) got to sweep again!

When hubby came home I decided tonight I did not want to make dinner so we went out to Olive Garden! Yummy! I forgot how delicious that place is. Normally, every time we go to Olive Garden I get the lasagna. Yes, very daring, I know! :) This time I thought I would buck up and try something different. I had their chicken and steak marinated skewers with veggies and potatoes. What an excellent choice as my belly was and still is very full! By the time we got home it was almost 10:00pm. DS was a trooper the whole night, even at the restaurant. There were no fits or temper tantrums, no food throwing, no yelling, he was, like I mentioned AMAZING!

I love our son so much. I am thankful everyday that the hubby and I created such a perfect little boy! I whispered in DS's ear today letting him know that I will always be there for him and will always love him!

6 comments:

MMAR said...

Your son is a little cutie! Thanks for stopping by Keeping Up With The Rheinlander's
~Melissa

Texas Type A Mom said...

Sounds like a great day! I'm following you from Bloggy Moms! Hope you'll stop by and follow me back!
www.texastypeamom.com

Brea said...

What a sweetheart! Sounds like you had a very busy and fun day. I wish there was a pause button.... I'm now following you, would love it if you'd follow me back!

Brea
www.becomingbrea.com

Billie Poteet said...

What an adorable little boy you have!

Following you now from Bloggy Moms!

Billie Jean
The Unexpected Mother

Kelly Marie said...

Thanks for following. I followed you back! I wanted to comment on this because I saw Olive Garden written in it.lol Those words were perfectly lined up with your follower list. Im in Japan so Im missing state side things very badly!

1 Funky Woman said...

Oh my he looks and sounds like a sweetie! I don't think my 11 or 6 year old could handle being out that late. Glad yours was a trooper!

New follower from Bloggy Moms!

Megan

http://1funkywoman.blogspot.com