Monday, January 24, 2011

Monday...not a good day for the grocery store!

Some advice...do NOT go to the grocery store exhausted! It's totally Monday. I thought the "Dreadful Mondays" was only for the corporate world. It proved me wrong! :(

Monday

It's my fault that I don't get much sleep. I stay up way too late and get up (in my mind) way too early! But I needed to go to the grocery store as we are on low supply of food until payday. So DS and I weathered the nasty cold weather, picked out the food and then got to the checkout line. While the cashier is ringing everything up I was being helpful (so I thought) by putting the food into the cart, as there was no bagger. Next thing I know a bagger hopped over and said "Here let me help you." I thought, "Oh how nice!" I then looked into my grocery cart and realized I had not bagged ANYTHING. I just was piling in the food. I was somewhat embarrassed but everyone got a good laugh about it! I kept laughing and saying "I am so sorry"! - My little silly story of the day!

9 comments:

Muchelle said...

That is too funny. I go grocery shopping every Monday morning but I stop for a coffee along the way. *lol* Sounds like something I would do.

Annie said...

That is so funny. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm returning the favor.

Jessa said...

That's probably the best grocery shopping story I've ever heard. :D

Alicia said...

Thanks for finding me on Bloggy Moms! I just followed you too! Mondays can be hard...we did the grocery store today...I didn't have the bagging problem but have had many tired days too.

1 Funky Woman said...

Ha, well have you ever started pushing someone else's cart out of the store. Now that's embarrassing!

Get some sleep!

Gemma said...

Thanks for your comment on will my child ever eat. I share that blog with a friend of mine, if you're interested my personal blog is http://lungsbehavingbadly.blogspot.com/.

It's always great to get feedback, thankyou. Love the way you write x x

247mama said...

Thanks for coming by Carter Chaos! :)

Andrea said...

I would totally do something like that...especially being sleep deprived and in poor weather.

Thanks for the visit and follow from the Monday blog hops! Sorry I'm so late in returning the favor but I'm following you now!

http://jellybean529.blogspot.com

Jill said...

LOL.

I also luv Maxine, she's my kinda gal :)

Thanks for stopping by Frugal Plus. I now Follow your Wonderful blog as well.

~ Jill
http://frugalplus.com/